Powder coating provides a high-quality, durable finish primarily to metal. Powder coating is used to protect everything from machinery to vehicle components and household goods. It provides a more durable finish than liquid paints, while still providing an attractive finish in a myriad of colours and finishes.
In the application process the powder is negatively charged using electrostatic guns and sprayed onto the metal components, which are earthed. The powder is drawn to the earthed surface of the metal and adheres even in corners and awkward to reach areas. When the metal is heated, the powder cures into a uniform film which hardens as it cools.
Why use Powder Coating?
- Creates a harder, heavier and more durable finish than painting.
- More environmentally friendly than most common paint processes.
- Easier to clean than paint, with better colour and gloss retention.
- More resistant to chemicals, ultraviolet light and temperature.
- Huge range of standard colours and almost any colour can be specially matched.
- Special finishes available such as antibacterial coatings